bio pellet reactor

if used correctly yes, If used incorrectlY.... it'll nuke your system. i have great results with it myself

By putting too much media in, use about 1/3 of recommended dosage at first or you will get massive cyano outbreak and it will bleach out all your corals,up the dosage very slowly and it'll totally rid you of phos

bio pellets work in a very similar manner to carbon dosing. In fact, I believe it is a type of carbon dosing. Too much all at once can cause a low oxygen level due to the bacterial bloom. Also, as stated above, cyano is a definite possibility as well as having issues with SPS due to stripping the water too fast of nutrients. Kind of like GFO in that sense.

i thought nitrifying bacteria lived on them... how does that cause an outbreak? and i think ill just stick to caleurpa, mangroves, and skimming

Bio-Pellets are a form of Carbo dosing.

They can be beneficial, but just like Vinegar and Vodka dosing u can crash your tank (in a way) if not used properly.

I'm not an expert on Bio-Pellets, but I used it once with no success. I think I used too much... I always think of trying again though.

Some people get cyano out break when using it, a sign of to much nutrients in the water. But once enough nitrifying bacteria grows in the water column, it should start consuming nitrates and nutrients thus reducing them.

In a way, I believe u can think of the pellets as food for the extra bacteria in the water you will get from using (carbon dosing) it.

It's always recommended to use it with a good skimmer. The output of the reactor should be pretty much going right into the intake of the skimmer (or really close to it)

Higor

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Last edited:
Back