Biocube 30 gallon stocking ideas

cstacks

Non-member
Hey all my yellow wrasse jumped out so now looking at new ideas. The tank been running about a year or so only thing in it besides corals is a small lizard blenny that I would be willing to trade away to get the right mix of inhabitants. Right now I am looking at this stocking plan:

1-2 mandarin gobys (thinking a pair might be cool would be awesome if I could get them to reproduce no?) I am thinking about adding another wrasse to the mix but unsure if I could combine them all together. So wondering would you all strongly suggest against the mandarin or two (mainly planning on feeding spectrum marine pellets) and if you think I could get a wrasse as well. If anyone has a mandarin or a cool wrasse for sale I'd be interested in buying or trading. Would be great to hear your experiences. Thanks!

If you go with a mandarin I’d only do 1 in that small of a tank and avoid other fish that’ll compete for pods with it. Wrasses would most likely be out unless your willing to spend the money on pods every other week or so.

+1 with one mandarin. If they are the same sex, they will fight. If they are a boy and a girl, you need bigger tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think even 1 for a biocube is pushing it myself.....that is unless it's a captive.

Plus they need a good deal of height to achieve their spawning dance

Last edited:
Back