Blue Velvet Nudibrach flatworm control

itz216

Non-member
Just thought I'd share my experience ...

I've had flatworms for about 2 years. I see them, I don't see them. They usually appear when I feed cyclopeez. They've never gotten crazy. I tried chemical treatment ...it obviously didn't kill every single one. Recently I noticed about 10-20 total on a leather and some mushrooms.

So, I decide to try a Blue Velvet Nudibranch.

First, they are VERY cool looking critters. Don't seem to be bothered by fish or corals (so far).

Second, this thing has the brain capacity of jello. I've seen it eat up a flatworm - but it doesn't search with any more intensity after it's found one. It just keeps feeling along ( mostly in the wrong direction!).

I've had it about a week. I still have flatworms that I can see. I'll update when I see really results : )

If anybody else has experience - please share. Thx.

Hi - The one time I bought one - because they are so cool - it kept getting sucked in to the overflow. To say they have a brain like jello is being toooooo kind. They are just plain stupid. :)
The best natural flatworm eater I have ever found was my green coris wrasse. Never saw even one flatworm after he was introduced to my tank. Good luck!

Back