Box Fish

ReeferDude

all educated
I was wondering how difficult it is to keep spotted box fish and if anyone has had horror stories of them getting stressed or die and have wipped out the whole tank Please let me know any information.

I used to have a long horned cowfish for a few years - no issues.
I have a small boxfish now, but he's fine. Can't help with the death stuff, sorry.

Well, he's not in with expensive corals - just mushrooms, zoos and sponges. He is in with a large feather duster and I've never seen him go after it, but then again, I'm not home most of the day.

i could be wrong. it happens but i think i remember reading n seeing it go after the tyney ones. like on the back wall or anyplace not scraped so they can keep them in cheak?

because i am soooo in love with beetle it isn't even funny. i think my mom wants a nano (that only has xenia in it because it's her favorite). so for xmas i was going to set one up for her with some rock from my tank and i know she would love love love a beetle. heck, I would love a beetle!!!!

as long as u dont have any triggers or puffers or mean damsels the box fish should be ok. they can exude toxins under stress. the cowfish has a toxic skin

Back