Box Fish

Stephie0580

Non-member
Hi, I currently have a salt water tank. I have 2 clown fish and a chromis. I was wondering if it would be okay to add a box fish to the mix, or if the box fish should be in a tank by itself? Any comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

20g is small, but I kept a small yellow boxfish in a 40g for a while and it was totally happy. I then tried to move it to my bigger 120g and lost it as it was unable to compete for food (even with daily spot feeding). It will outgrow the small tank but they don't grow super fast and you will have time. Get a small/tiny one and spot feed it mysis to get it going.

20g is small, but I kept a small yellow boxfish in a 40g for a while and it was totally happy. I then tried to move it to my bigger 120g and lost it as it was unable to compete for food (even with daily spot feeding). It will outgrow the small tank but they don't grow super fast and you will have time. Get a small/tiny one and spot feed it mysis to get it going.
Good to know awesome. Now i just have to find one. LOL ;)

I had a 2 inch boxfish in my 40g for months and it was fine. It didn't noticeably grow in the 5-6 months I had it (but ate like a pig the whole time). Try to find a 1 inch one for your 20g.

Back