Brand new to the saltwater hobby.

Just my personal advice, and somewhat repeating what others have or are trying to say to you.
Few things I've learned in this hobby thus far..
1. Most numbers thrown out there are rough estimates. Many factors can sway these numbers one way or the other.
2. What works for someones tank does not always work or apply to your own. Again, other factors can be part of the reasoning.

So for example... 115#'s LR in your 55g could be overkill IF - your LR is very porous (ie. more surface area for beneficial bacteria to grown on), but could be just right amount if the opposite (not very pourous).

As for the 4-5 Nassarius per/gallon I think that number is way off, especially for a new tank with little to no food for them to feed on. It also would be better to have variety in your cleanup crew (Nassarus, turbo, cerith, hermits, etc. etc.). For a new tank I would also start with a small amount and add more as you feel necessary.

The majority of the rock is very porous. As for the snails, I already started getting them out of my tank.

Ok. It certainly won't cause any harm having more than enough rock, other than on your wallet and real estate in the tank. :) if your happy with it I'd leave it or if you ever add a sump you could throw some in there.

Looks good but it is hard to see with such a small pic. It is a typical 55g wall as I mentioned before it is hard to do any thing else in these setups.

here is mine.

DSCF8726.jpg

Looks good but it is hard to see with such a small pic. It is a typical 55g wall as I mentioned before it is hard to do any thing else in these setups.

here is mine.

DSCF8726.jpg
[/Q

Thats awesome.Exactly what Im shooting for. How do you make the pics big?

Back