BRS newbie!

Thank you. :) First off, how long has your tank been running and what are your parameters? My nano might be a bad example to model your tank off of because tanks normally aren't set up and stocked so quickly. It's not common practice; but, I had the luxury of being able to seed my tank with well established components (i.e. sand, rock, etc.)

As you can see, my nano is primarily Ricordea Florida. I like the Ricordea Florida because they are extremely colorful and have very different daytime and nightime attributes. Over time I have come to love this species and can't get enough of them! When the 'shrooms are all poofed up during the day, the tank looks like a rolling meadow of pastels with all the 'shrooms butting up against one another. I think that if Monet had a reef tank, it would be stocked with Ricordea Florida. At night, under the actinic light, the 'shrooms shrink up and glow the most insane colors.

I did a lot of on-line research, bought a few books and asked my brother (who is an experienced hobbyist) a million questions. Selecting species is a big part of the learning process - you start to understand what can and cannot co-exist in your tank, what species are size appropriate and what each species requires as far as water conditions, lighting, maintenance, feeding, supplements, etc. are concerned. Take your time and soak up as much knowledge as possible then go shopping!

Best of luck with your new tank! :)

Back