bubble algae/rear chamber filtration

JTM4UG

REEFER
BRS Member
I have been trying to run a sump on my 40 nuvo fusion for a while now. The reason i say trying is because i was forced to use a eshopps pf nano overflow due to the size constraints and it never stopped having issues. It would run for a month or so and be fine then randomly start overflowing the sump or the tank, the water level would also randomly change at times(i think it may have been when algae would start growing on the overflow between cleanings.
I recently ditched the overflow and sump and started taking advantage of the rear chamber again. I now have chamber 1 setup with a piece of poly filter pad and a filter sock under it. Chamber 2 is my sensor for the apex and my ato sensor, chamber 3 with my heater/return and a filter sponge above them. Chamber 4 is a media rack with carbon and purigen and finally chamber 5 is my tunze 9004 skimmer. I have a hob large fiji cube fuge loaded with chaeto and feather dusters with a medium depth sand bed.
I have 4 small fish and corals, i feed every other day with a half cube of frozen brine and a very small pinch of .5 pellets. Water change every other week of 5g. Tank has been running for close to a year, seeing tons of corraline and coral growth.
Anyone see any major flaws in my filtration other than the heater being slightly too close to my sensor? I have been getting a small amount of bubble algae and i want to take care of it before it gets out of control.

Here is a pic

Attachments

• 238B7048-421E-49EF-A3CD-4C4BE08F4640.jpeg
    238B7048-421E-49EF-A3CD-4C4BE08F4640.jpeg
    272.6 KB · Views: 145
Back