Buying a non-standard sized tank

Spudsly

BRS Member
Hi, after a long absence I'm trying g to get back into the hobby. I think I'd like a 60x24x24 inch tank (I like the 24 inch depth but don't have room for the standard 6 footers). Some suppliers make these but it seems much more rare and I'm not real hopeful of finding a used one in the area. Does anyone have suggestions for the best way to get one and a stand for a good price?

I was looking at these exact dimensions until I realized having a newborn was even more expensive then setting up a reef tank :p

If I went down that road I was going to go with sca aquariums. They have an owners thread on one of the national forums you can probably find, I would link it but im not sure about the rules for cross forum posting. From what people posted you can usually make a deal off the listed price. If your patient black friday isn't THAT far away and you can probably save on not only the tank but all the other parts for your build.

I ended up with with an 80 gallon deep blue shallow myself. Not the room I wanted for adding fish but I have begun to appreciate corals more then fish and I enjoy the ease of working in the tank.

If you're patient enough, you'll find that tank used. 60"x24"x24" is a popular custom tank. a
If you want to go to a new custom tank. Look at Miracle or Reef Savvy.

Thanks for pointing this out! Tim is a really nice guy and I'll soon be the proud owner of a tank. Now I just need to figure out what's changed in the hobby in 10 years (everything).

Awesome! Start a build thread once you are ready and we can help as needed ☺

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Awesome! Start a build thread once you are ready and we can help as needed ☺

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

I definitely intend to.

Does anyone have suggestions for where to rent glass suction cups? The Sunbelt rentals around me don't have them, nearest is over an hour away and I need to move the tank. I'm considering buying cheaper ones like these: https://www.amazon.com/COSMOS-Alumi...1&sr=8-1&keywords=glass+handling+suction+cups but I'd prefer to rent "nicer" ones if possible.

Back