Candy cane coral dying?

Don’t know if it’s looking any better... should I dip the whole thing or frag off the bad piece and dip them separately ? Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 182
Oh really? I thought they did... they’re doing way better now though and healing

Sand critters tend to annoy them, and damage the flesh. I like to treat them like tree canopies, higher up in the water volume mid to high range. Study them at varying levels, and their ballooning reaction. When they are fat, and growing they are happy. Wrasse also like to pick at the under branches when hunting if you have one.

Sand critters tend to annoy them, and damage the flesh. I like to treat them like tree canopies, higher up in the water volume mid to high range. Study them at varying levels, and their ballooning reaction. When they are fat, and growing they are happy. Wrasse also like to pick at the under branches when hunting if you have one.
Yes they are very fat and growing a lot to be honest. I do have a wrasse which could do it, thanks! It’s looking better I’ll update everyone!

could be from splitting, sometimes lps looks pissed when its nearing the end of a head splitting. then after a few days it opens bigger than before.

I've never had a problem with a trumpet, or candy-cane (Caulastrea) on the sand or in a tank with a leather coral. Of course you don't want the head (the live part) down IN the sand, but they can be near it for sure.
I've found them to be exceptionally hardy.

I've never had a problem with a trumpet, or candy-cane (Caulastrea) on the sand or in a tank with a leather coral. Of course you don't want the head (the live part) down IN the sand, but they can be near it for sure.
Yes everything is fine with it now no more hole! Thanks everyone, you’ve been a big help

I have never had long term success with them on the sand or on eggcrate, and I know others on here have had the same experience. However my colony's do produce like weeds mounted on rock. They avg 400+ heads a month for me otherwise.
Toadstools, cabbage, devils fingers for examples that have been upstream flow of any colony's have had created issue's for me in a few of the tanks til I removed them.
Mine have survived 8 moves the last 9 years, I'll give them hardy credit for sure. That is my experience with them.

Last edited:
Back