ceramic magnetic discs

theLIQUIDzoo

Non-member
any idea if having them in a tank is a bad idea?

i'm thinking it's not, because it appears to be the same type of magnetic material that an impeller for a Maxi-Jet is made.

my fear is i'm leeching something into my tanks.

I would suspect they've got some ferrous metal in them, but I don't really know if that's true. Good point about the maxi jet impellers.

What are you using the discs for?

i use them instead of gravel. it's really cool.
can you imagine? anyway, that's the best i could come up with having just woken up.

seriously though, i am hanging small frags on the glass with them. i 'stole' the idea from another person on this board whose handle i have forgotten.

I <3 MAGNETS

I hacked up my SEIO brackets, and now have them mounted on the swivel piece off of some large cleaner magnets. Easily movable pumps. Its awesome.

I saw someone use these ceramic disk magnets to hold frags in his tank. He glued the frag on the disk and stuck it to the glass (with another on the outside to hold it) ... ingenious and moveable - he didn't seem to have a problem with anything leaching into the tank. He used these for a growout area and either removed the frag from the maganet or sold the frag with the magnet.

Back