Chiller recommendations

dpnshnks

Non-member
I am going to be in the market shortly for two chillers, because I just can't leave the AC running day and night for the next 4 months to keep my tank cool! I'm looking at a number of brand names and just wondered if any of you like or dislike any or if it really doesn't matter what I go with. I've got two tanks, a 90g and a 29g seahorse tank that I'm setting up.

So for the 90g I'm thinking about:

Pacific coast 1/10 HP
Aquamedic 250, 1/6HP

For the 29g, thinking about:

Coralife 1/10 HP

May be a bit of an overkill on the 29g tank, but it is going to be a seahorse tank and I've seen the temps run near 84 degrees and I don't want to come home to fried horsies. Did I just say "horsies?" God someone shoot me now!

BTW, I've thought about the IceProbes and that just won't come close to cutting it for keeping even a 29 g tank stable.

Thanks much for any input you may have. If people would like, I can certainly post links to all these chillers, but the urls were rather long and cumbersome, but I will gladly do it!

Eric

LOL I'm going to be so lost moving up to boston! Just reading all these posts about your weather and what its doing to the tanks.

You think running the AC for 4 months during the day is bad?!?!?! In FL we have them running 10-11 months out of the year, night and day!!!!!!!!!

Back