clown question

kams56

Non-member
i have a ocellaris clown and a clarkii clown together in the same tank, they have only been together for two days. they clarkii is about 1.5" maybe closer to 2" and the ocellaris is about 2" inches maybe a tiny bit bigger. the clarkii was in the tank first and is hosting in a carpet. as of now the clarkii pretty much has the ocellaris in a corner and is randomly swimming over and attacking itor atleast scaring it. will they end up killin each other or could they ever live together peacefully possibly become a breeding pair

not a good situation

the clarki will most likely kill the other...if they were the same type they might pair up....It "might" have helped in the short term to shut the lights off for awhile for the clarki to cool down a bit..

damn i figured that i would have to seperate them, would i be able to put the clarkii with a different type of clown safely maybe a cinnamon or maybe a maroon or would the clarkii kill them too

never keep clowns together in a small tank where they can fight. I made the mistake in my 55 with a maroon clown and tomato, the maroon didnt make it through the night

you're going to end up with 1 clarkii clown, and one percula corpse if you don't get one of them out.

i just took out the perc do you think that if i added another clarkii those 2 could become a pair or is this fish just not going to pair up

You will probably be alright with another clarkii. I think the rule with clowns is to make sure the new one is smaller than the existing one. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

No that's right. Just get a small Clarkii and you should be ok. If you're existing Clarkii is already a girl, that will probably help things progress more quickly.

My bigger Clarkii that is hosting my anemone has not yet made the transition to beautiful young lady. So my smaller male spends his days on the opposite side of the tank waiting for the local dating scene to improve. They have not started fighting yet.

Back