Clown with weird behavior

Cinnimin

Non-member
I just came home from work and found my clown hanging out upside down, he is swimming fine while getting food now and seems quite voracious. He has a tendency to hangout sideways at the top of the water while sleeping at night (ever since he stopped having to hide in the rocks from the female) but recently has been doing it during the day too, and the being upside down is very new and concerning. He does seem to have a bit of a distended belly too. I am seeing some kinda spots that could be flukes but I want to make sure that sounds right before I traumatize the little guy by dunking him in rodi water.
I haven’t had any new fish, but I do have some new crabby types.

I will not be able to get a good picture of the raised bump spots that make me think flukes but I am attaching a photo of one spot that he has a few of- I can’t tell if these are just weird scales or not. They get kinda see through through the light around it but flash as he is moving, otherwise the look dark like single dark pigmented scales. Its the spot that is on the left side of the belly band.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 74
Let's deal with the flukes first, as they are pretty easy to see on a black clownfish. Compare what you are seeing to the photo below:

ENcavzp.jpg

Let's deal with the flukes first, as they are pretty easy to see on a black clownfish. Compare what you are seeing to the photo below
There was one instance a month or two ago where he had something on his eye that did look like this before I left for work and came back and it was gone. That is why I was hoping it is flukes now. The bumps I see are only on his middle banding of white and are making it very hard to get a good look at them since he’s not see through (my fire fish was very easy to see them on). What if I just dose the tank with prazi to be safe since I can’t tell what the bumps are, would that be a bad idea?

There was one instance a month or two ago where he had something on his eye that did look like this before I left for work and came back and it was gone. That is why I was hoping it is flukes now. The bumps I see are only on his middle banding of white and are making it very hard to get a good look at them since he’s not see through (my fire fish was very easy to see them on). What if I just dose the tank with prazi to be safe since I can’t tell what the bumps are, would that be a bad idea?
Prazipro is mostly reef safe. How is the fish looking now?

Back