Clownfish not pairing?

Sparent25

BRS Member
Curious for feedback. I’ve had two picasso clownfish that I’ve had since babies for 3 years or so. They have gone back and forth for dominance when really young and now I have one that is larger than the other but not completely ‘dominant’. The smaller clownfish is super territorial of the anemone and will fight to the death and not let the larger one near it. The larger one will defend its area but not as aggressively but the size difference is clear. I’m wondering if I have developed 2 females or if they’ll just never pair or if they need more time. No other fish in their tank, just inverts. I took a quick video of them bickering but doesn’t seem I can post it here

Last edited:
Curious for feedback. I’ve had two percula clownfish that I’ve had since babies for 3 years or so. They have gone back and forth for dominance when really young and now I have one that is larger than the other but not completely ‘dominant’. The smaller clownfish is super territorial of the anemone and will fight to the death and not let the larger one near it. The larger one will defend its area but not as aggressively but the size difference is clear. I’m wondering if I have developed 2 females or if they’ll just never pair or if they need more time. No other fish in their tank, just inverts. I took a quick video of them bickering but doesn’t seem I can post it here

Attachments

• IMG_5389.jpeg
    IMG_5389.jpeg
    128.2 KB · Views: 37
I don't have too much experience with trying to pair clowns, but from what I've seen, it's not a guarantee that they will ever pair. Most do, but it's never a guarantee.

If you send me a video to my cell phone, I can help you. I also have Picasso, but I have black ski mask Picasso that I was having a hard time also pairing up until finally, I paired them up

I had to get rid of larger clown. Non stop bully. The final straw was while feeding, the larger clown rammed the smaller one so hard, it knocked it out of the tank onto the floor.
I gave it to my LPS immediately.

I had to get rid of larger clown. Non stop bully. The final straw was while feeding, the larger clown rammed the smaller one so hard, it knocked it out of the tank onto the floor.
I gave it to my LPS immediately.
Wow, sorry about that. But how long they’ve been bullying each other that’s the question.

If you send me a video to my cell phone, I can help you. I also have Picasso, but I have black ski mask Picasso that I was having a hard time also pairing up until finally, I paired them up
Thank you. If you text me, I’ll share video 978 7932981

Back