co2 controler question

nitrofish

reefing again!
I have a ph controler that turns the solonoid on to allow gas to flow when the ph has reached a set level. so right now I have it set to 8.1, the tank must be 8.1 or higher before it allows co2 to flow, if the ph drops it shuts off.

is this a good setting? what ph do you set your calcium reactor/ph controler to turn on at?

8.1 may be a little high but depends on what your pH usually runs at, I have mine set at 7.9 my tank runs from 8.0 to 8.3. I don't think my controller has ever turned my solonoid off but its a good safety measure.

Jim

8.1 is too high.
You need to allow the C02 to be on for most of the time. Otherwise, your alk and calc will fluctuate too much and that defeats the purpose of a Calcium Reactor. I think 7.8 would be a good setting for you.
I use an American Marine controller and it has a low seting and a high setting. My low is 7.6 and my high is 8.0. I never seen the PH so low that it shuts off the solenoid.
Speaking of which, I need to connect my solenoid!! I totally forgot about it. But i dont really need it any way.

Back