Coming to My First Meeting

Empressrr

Empressrr
Hello everyone. I have not attended any meetings yet this weekend will be My first. Looking forward to it! This is a great place for asking for help! thanks for my past answers........ to my questions.. and for my future ones im sure i will have..... feel like forever a newbie! Anything I should know before hand?

If you are interested in buying/trading corals, check out the frag swap thread in the reef talk area. If you are buying/trading, you should definately bring a cooler.

It should be a good time. :)

I would advise you not to be shy.
Speak out to your neighbors at the meeting. Say hello to everyone.
To strike up a conversation, just ask people what size tank they have, and what kinds of fish... Ask them how they like their protein skimmer or what kind of lights they use. Everyone in this group likes to talk about their equipment and give an evaluation. :)

I would advise you not to be shy.
Speak out to your neighbors at the meeting. Say hello to everyone.
To strike up a conversation, just ask people what size tank they have, and what kinds of fish... Ask them how they like their protein skimmer or what kind of lights they use. Everyone in this group likes to talk about their equipment and give an evaluation. :)

...just wait until the speaker is done talking! :p

By the way, I'll have your frags for you and I'll be wearing a nametag so it'll be easy to find me.

Last edited:
Being Shy is not one of my strengths! And Scott Pross told me about the cooler..... so im all set there.. thanks for the advise and ill bring my rain gear, or maybe the bathing suit depending on the weather!

see you at the meeting :) we always have a good time :) and most everyone wears a name tag with their real and online names.. you can find them at the desk with Penman.. this is also were you can pay your dues and get your laminated member card :)

don't forget to bring cash if you are trading.. also we usually have pizza.. for a buck or two a slice... and the coffee machine is free... I do not know if there will be a bar where the meeting is this time...
anyways.. glad to have you aboard!

Welcome to the BRS

Welcome to the Boston Reefers. I wasn't at the last meeting as I was in S. Korea and Japan. I got home at 1 am on the day of the meeting and I needed a lot of sleep. Hope you had a great time at the meeting.
Tom

Back