Culebra Puerto Rico Reef Videos/Photos

Jeff.:P

Non-member
We just returned last week from our annual trip to Culebra with some new videos/photos. Enjoy!

25721685842_9f806ef9d5_b.jpg

25842624005_177d9ef961_b.jpg

25541964310_ea6b2329be_b.jpg

25747562931_7d1789120d_b.jpg

25747563571_8fc58d98a7_b.jpg

25747564021_9e4e6033b8_b.jpg

Last edited:
Looks awesome, how far off shore was that? Looks crazy close and no waves? Perfect!.
I'd stay out there all day snorkeling

Thanks! Its our favorite place. There are like 3-4 beaches with reefs in Culebra. We snorkeled everyday for at least 4 hours!

Thank you! Culebra and Culberita are definitely one of my favorite parts of the world!

Hi Jeff - Just booked a trip there myself with the missus. We're really stoked to snorkel our butts off. Any tips on prime spots for coral snooping or the best place to rent gear?

Best,
Rob

Awesome man! How long are you there for?

Rent a golf cart to get around the island. Visit all the beaches! We brought our own equipment and never rented but there are loads of places near the ferry port.

If you are taking the ferry make sure you have your tickets pre-purchased; as they can sell out fast. If you are staying a while try to get over to Culebrita that has the best/pristine reef near puerto rico! Captain Dave has a charter that can take you over there.

Snorkeling

#6 Best Beach in the world - Flamenco Beach: The reef (Shark Cage) is all the way on the right side of the beach, very easy to access the reef, no waves. Some corals, good fish.

Tamarindo Beach - Great reef (lots of gorgonians, acros, lps) can be wavy, Turtles come out at 9-10am till about noon. Rockyish Beach.

Melones Beach - Best reef on the island! lots of acro, big gorgonians and sea fans, can be wavy, turtles, manta rays, some big fish! can be difficult access.

Zoni Beach - no reef but amazing beach and supreme privacy!

Food!

Dinghy Dock - eat/drink right on the water, see the huge tarpoons
Mamacitas - eat/drink right on the water, see the huge tarpoons
Krusty Krab - Best fish/seafood on the island

Thanks Jeff.

We'll be on Culebra for 4 days and then in the jungle on the west side of the main island for 4 days.

We will have a car with us, but it may be difficult to get it to the island?

Best,
Rob

Awesome man! How long are you there for?

Rent a golf cart to get around the island. Visit all the beaches! We brought our own equipment and never rented but there are loads of places near the ferry port.

If you are taking the ferry make sure you have your tickets pre-purchased; as they can sell out fast. If you are staying a while try to get over to Culebrita that has the best/pristine reef near puerto rico! Captain Dave has a charter that can take you over there.

Snorkeling

#6 Best Beach in the world - Flamenco Beach: The reef (Shark Cage) is all the way on the right side of the beach, very easy to access the reef, no waves. Some corals, good fish.

Tamarindo Beach - Great reef (lots of gorgonians, acros, lps) can be wavy, Turtles come out at 9-10am till about noon. Rockyish Beach.

Melones Beach - Best reef on the island! lots of acro, big gorgonians and sea fans, can be wavy, turtles, manta rays, some big fish! can be difficult access.

Zoni Beach - no reef but amazing beach and supreme privacy!

Food!

Dinghy Dock - eat/drink right on the water, see the huge tarpoons
Mamacitas - eat/drink right on the water, see the huge tarpoons
Krusty Krab - Best fish/seafood on the island

Jeesh Jeff you don't go there too much do ya? Lol
Looks really nice, I'm gonna look into this place instead of my annual Dominican trip, usually do two weeks a year in Punta Cana.

Ha! We've been thinking about moving there or least getting a small place. I love the island, but its not for everyone. There are zero resorts and natural/wild mentality that differs from most of the Caribbean islands. Check it out and let me know if you need help getting the logistics/contacts together!

Jeesh Jeff you don't go there too much do ya? Lol
Looks really nice, I'm gonna look into this place instead of my annual Dominican trip, usually do two weeks a year in Punta Cana.

Back