Cultivated Reef---www.cultivatedreef.com

jefstathiou

Non-member
Much to my delight, I was able to find two Wyoming White Clownfish at Cultivated Reef this week. The owner, Greg, appeared to understand my hesitancy and anxiety that a prospective buyer may have about buying such expensive fish. He patiently answered all of my questions, and concerns about the fish. Of course, ultimately, they are just clownfish, albeit, more costly than the average fish. In any event, when I finally decided to make my purchase I called Greg after 2:00 PM, and I of course, (like any other reefer) wanted the fish immediately. Greg was able to put it together quickly, and I received my fish at 9:10 the following morning.
When I opened the box, the level of professional packaging was clear, even including the appropriate small heat packs. Even more importantly, I saw two clownfish that exceeded my high expectations. Both appeared healthy, and were the size that I was expected. No slight of hand or photoshopping here.
Being somewhat nervous, I reached out to Cultivated reef for confirmation that my ordinary acclimation process, etc., was appropriate for these guys. Of course it was; but point here is that my obviously trivial questions were responded to immediately and professionally, almost as though Greg was sitting by a computer waiting for my emails.
In my mind, the follow up is at least as important as the sale. Greg once again exceeded my expectations. I, of course, will turn to Cultivated Reef to fill my next livestock order.

I just read your vendor experience and just wanted to comment. I ordered from Greg a couple times myself a yr or so ago and the same thing. Very professional and talk to you like any other JO. I had bought some frags. SPS, LPS, zoos, and they were awesome. When I placed my order the very first time with Greg, he was on the phone within a half hour asking me how I would like my frags. If I wanted them in a plug or a piece of LR. He had also told me that if I was ever going up to Maine that I could give him a buzz before and set a day to go to his house and show me his outfit there. I have been away from the Hobby for just over a year now and will be purchasing a 28 Gallon Bio cube within the next month. I guarantee that when I'm ready Greg will be my first order for corals. Point of the story is you cannot go wrong with buying anything from Greg.

Last edited:
+1, my experiance was eaxctly the same as described. Would not hesitate to buy from him ...ever!

Back