Current USA Orbit Marine LED Light

I personally have purchased the 48 inch model of this light and used it prior to getting my hydras. Current led strips and this light are a well respected economy option of lighting in the hobby. The color blending is great and the actinics are awesome and will make your corals pop. Also the built in mounting brackets really create a plug in and play light with no hassles. The programmability is also easy. There are three modes that vary intensity through out the day I always kept mine on mode 3 with the highest intensity. There are two main problems. One is coverage. One unit over my 48 I felt like it worked but the spread was not enough to cover from short to back. Granted I had a bow from but I feel two would have been a better option. The second problem is the power. Like I said the color is awesome and I kept anenomes, zoas, Lps, and other soft corals. If you want to care for SPS these lights are out. So if I was an lps guy and had to rate this light 1-100 a 100 being the bet I would give it a 75% considering price, power, and coverage. The controllability tho is honestly Amazing for a light and controller at this price.

I was talked out of these by some guys at reef central. The pro model is better PAR readings, however the cost jumps up and then you are on the same spending limit as a well known name brand! I am currently looking at reefbrite xHO. 48"bar for my 72 now front. Nothing fancy with programming, but I have a 24" bar on my nano tank and am very happy. My LFS said he could get it for me for around 280-320

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did take a look at this fixture qhen buying few months ago. Found same information PAR levels below needs for SPS. The Pro model increases PAR but then starts to cost same as other solutions. So I went with something that has been on market for few years having several positive reviews vs. a newly launched unreviewed product.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I did take a look at this fixture qhen buying few months ago. Found same information PAR levels below needs for SPS. The Pro model increases PAR but then starts to cost same as other solutions. So I went with something that has been on market for few years having several positive reviews vs. a newly launched unreviewed product.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

+1

Tooch, What are you looking to have in your tank? If you want fish only or are looking at only LPS then that orbit may work for you, Since I didn't want to be limited and the reefbrite I have not can sustain sps I am happy go get that for my next tank as well. Your lighting needs are determined by what you are looking for in your reef tank.

Back