DI Resin pooled order,,Anyone?

$170 plus shipping is a pretty good price. Count me in on a 1/4 share (12lbs or so) or whatever it comes out to in the end. I'm flexable. Let me know when you need $.
Rich

i'm currently looking to see if my local water filtration company (NEWCO) has a stock of this. figured it would be cheaper if no shipping is involved. will let ya know if you're still interested.

Keep in mind that the resin has a finite shelf life. I would not order more than you can use in about 1 year.

Did not know about shelf life. Need an opinion. On average, how much RO/DI can a 1.lb of Resin make if my TDS is running between 2 and 5?

since silicate is some of the 1st crap to make it past the resins, i will be using that reading to determine when to change..even if my tds is 1,, i have heard it can begin passing as soon as 100g. my source TDS from the well is only 190 and the RO is taking it down to 20, still not bad.
i get diatoms that i need to eradicate soon. heck,,i may even run double DI canisters.

Last edited:
My present RO system was running 60 TDS in and 5 out. I need a new membrane.
So if I was running on average 3 TDS out of the RO side, a pound of DI should last for about 100 gal or so. With 12 lbs or resin I could do 1200 gallons. Replacing 10 gallons a week that?s 120 weeks, or two years for me. If the numbers are correct I should probably back down to 8 lbs or so. I wonder if we could freeze the resin to extend the shelf life?
Rich

i'm thinking that if your source is only 60 and you do not have a silicate issue, then the DI resin should last quite awhile longer, i would think...

I don't think freezing resin is a good idea.

>i may even run double DI canisters.<

I've been doing this for many years, originally suggested to me by Larry Jackson. Run two DI cartidges in series. When you sense anything coming through, then you toss the resin the in the first cartidge, and move the 2nd cartidge into the 1st cartidge's position. There is still likely Some capacity left in the 2nd cartridge, so this allows you to maximize it's use.

The new resin is placed last in line to polish the water and make sure you have 0 ppm in the final water.

heard back from NEWCO..they could match the price on the cubic foot quantity for about $210, shipped to my door would be easier than driving to RI to pickup.
total with shipping would be $213. so that would come to around $6.00 per canister refill.
apparently the price of this media fluctuates based on the price of oil.
anyone else interested? need couple more folks.

It may be a little more than I need but to get this ordered I'm still in for the 1/4 share. If more people become interested, I will back my share down to 1/5, 1/6 or whatever it comes to let them in. I?m flexible. I?m in no rush as I?m doing OK with RO water for now but when you are locked in and ready to order I will either send you the $ or drop by with it. Whatever?s easiest. I?m only a couple towns away in Middleboro.
Thanks for putting this together?Rich :)

ok Rich..no problem..even if i could get 1 more involved i would order it.. 39# of resin will be just too much for me.
will keep you updated.. i drive pass middleboro daily, so no problem meeting you at walmart or something.

BTW: the dude at resindepot indicated that the shelf life is years as long as it stays "moist".

Last edited:
I'm also still in for 1/4 of an order or whatever's close to this amount. I'm going to the up coming meeting in Raynham but that would be cutting it close processing the order by then.
Rich

ok..looks like we have 4. cool.
skin- i can bring it to the meeting next month for you
Chris and rich- can meet you somewhere local.
i'll look to ordering this sometime next week.

Back