i just got Green zoos and hammer coral

do i need to feed them?
if so:
when do i feed them?
what do i feed them?
how much do i feed them?

thanks;
mike pevine

No need to feed especially with the hqi light! But will not hurt them to feed as much as you desired the will just multiply faster.Beware of putting to much food into the water column tho..open invite to unwanted growths,spot feed only with flow reduced or better yet off.

No need to feed especially with the hqi light! But will not hurt them to feed as much as you desired the will just multiply faster.Beware of putting to much food into the water column tho..open invite to unwanted growths,spot feed only with flow reduced or better yet off.

what should i feed? i'd like them to grow and multiply :)

what should i feed? i'd like them to grow and multiply :)

Depends on the size of the Zoa's if you were planning on feeding them. If they're small then you may want to try Ova from Nutramar. Good stuff. For the hammer, you could always just feed brine or mysis. I would stay away from krill since i heard they're high in phosphates

I have never fed my torch, hammer, frogspawn etc. I think if you have things like dendros and acans feeding does help them multiply. Just keep in mind the extra nutrients in the wate from feeding. If were going to feed mysis not the liquid you just dump into the tank.

Depends on the size of the Zoa's if you were planning on feeding them. If they're small then you may want to try Ova from Nutramar. Good stuff. For the hammer, you could always just feed brine or mysis. I would stay away from krill since i heard they're high in phosphates

they are very small. theres like 30 on the rock they came on
i'd just like them t grow. so will the light do that? i would like to feed sometimes tho is that ok?

It doesnt hurt to feed them, but just light is enough to have them grow. While feeding may help, the extent of it's affects are variable.

Whether it's krill, mysis, or any other organic food, they are all going to be high in phosphates. Krill is supposed to be super high in omega 3s, which is a good thing for us and our finned/polyped friends.

Whether it's krill, mysis, or any other organic food, they are all going to be high in phosphates. Krill is supposed to be super high in omega 3s, which is a good thing for us and our finned/polyped friends.

Oh, I was under the impression that krill, for some reason, was especially high in phosphates?

Back