Do mushrooms kill corals?

Moe_K said:
Apply the kalk paste to the spot where the 'shroom retracts - you want to paste the base of the shroom.

Thanks Moe_K, but I am not clear on where you are referring. Do you mean the base at the point where it attaches to the rock. Hard place to reach and control the effect of the paste. Is this the only effective way? seems risky to me.

Too bad my peppermint never touch the Aiptasia. It is a true peppermint.

SeaMaster said:
Thanks Moe_K, but I am not clear on where you are referring. Do you mean the base at the point where it attaches to the rock. Hard place to reach and control the effect of the paste. Is this the only effective way? seems risky to me.

I heard someone said to inject kalk paste into its mouth.

LR Trade

dz6t said:
I happen to like mushroom, how about this:
I will trade equal amount of live rock that has no shroom on it for you shroom-covered live rock.

Thanks dz6t, I appreciate the offer and would certainly consider it, but the rock my shrooms are overrunning has a nice sps coral and a large leather attached to it as well. I like the mushrooms, but not at the risk of the coral.

SeaMaster said:
I didn't have a syringe with a needle, I had a syringe thing that's used to clean out the hole in your gum when they yank a tooth. So the business end of the thing is about half as wide as a turkey baster.
I put the kalk paste all over the stump that was the retracted 'shroom. I just layed it on there. Then I removed it.
No more shrooms.

Back