does HomeDepot still has Dowflake?

dz6t

Acro Garden, BRS Sponsor
BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
Anyone see any?
Anyone still using it?
if you happen to have a bag of Dowflake to spare, please let me know.

Thanks

You may not be able to get bulk CaCl2 at the moment since it's not winter, but the Peledow stuff is likely to be available again in the fall. Dong I know you've been out of the hobby for a little while and not too long ago there was some information that Dow has changed the chemical process they use for making all CaCl2 products. The products will now have a MUCH higher level of residual bromine (in the form of bromide ion). The level is still low enough for minor boosts of low calcium level salt mixes (like Instant Ocean), or occasional adjustments to tank calcium level, but might not be a good idea for use as a regular two-part supplement if you have a tank with a high calcium demand. No body knows what the health issues for your tank's inhabitants might be if you get a lot of bromide in your tank (maybe nothing?).

What is a good, inexpensive calcium additive? The stuff on bulk reef supply is really cheap, but is it good quality?

What is a good, inexpensive calcium additive? The stuff on bulk reef supply is really cheap, but is it good quality?

It says"High Purity" on the bucket.
What else would you want?:p
It's gotta be better than the ice melt I use.....or maybe not.;)

Dong, I have an almost brand new bag I bearly used. PM me if you're interested.

Thanks all for the information. I am keeping mostly soft coral and LPS so calcium demand is not that high. Since I am using ReefCrystal, the calcium level is pretty good to start with. I am planning to dose lightly.

Back