Dosing with Kent Tech M for bryopsis question

gene22

BRS Member
I am dosing with Kent Tech M to get rid if bryopsis. Should I remove my protein skimmer during the raising and holding if the high magnesium level?

Thanks

I had a minor bryopsis outbreak and was able to put it in remission using Tech M.

I tried to raise my overall tank Magnesium about 50ppm/day over ~ 10 days to 2000ppm. Immediate impact on the bryopsis for me.

I left my media reactor (carbon/GFO) and skimmer running the entire time.

Your mileage may vary, but I had good success with the standard program described above.

I had a few strands, took it to 1500 with tech m and it melted in 4 days, none left. Didn't adjust anything on the tank.

Now the real question is where does this stuff come from? Had to be on a snail.....

I also had a bryopsis outbreak. I used kent tech m I raised mmy mag level to 1800 as well. I monitored it and maintained at that level for 2 months. The bryopsis was gone 100% in the first month but I wanted to make sure it was gone and not coming back. I had my skimmer run the entire time. I let the levels return to normal on they're own after the 2 months by my normal weekly 5 g. Water change my system is about 75-80 gallons total.

There is no need to stop Skimming. Good luck with it, I know how much of a pain that is :rolleyes:

Higor

Back