Dr G's frozen parasitic fish food

bruinsboy70

Non-member
Just curious who if anyone is using or has used this product. I am considering using this in my quarantine tanks.
Thanks in advance for any input

I used the non-frozen Anti-parasitic caviar and found it to be ineffective. The problematic fish in my tank, a hippo and an Achilles tang, wouldn't go anywhere near it.

I think you're better off applying medicine to mysis and feeding it that way. Some medications have you feed it for only 3-4 days, take a few days off and then hit them again. Unless you were using other food, it would be hard to do.

I have had luck deworming fish by applying medicine to the food, its an effective way to do it

Why bother with medicated food in a QT tank. Why not just dose the tank? I have some spare CP - PM if you need it.

Why bother with medicated food in a QT tank. Why not just dose the tank? I have some spare CP - PM if you need it.

because medicated foods are much better at deworming and taking care of internal parasites then pretty much anything you can just "dose" a tank with. And in many situations certain Fish will not tolerate some of the harsher medications or copper, so medicating the food is one of the only methods of delivery. Now with that being said, the Fish in question does need to actually eat said medicated food.

I am currently looking into this product...but as Dong eluded to...I am just not too sure I would use it, so I could not in good conscience bring it in to sell. But like everything else, I am going to get some and use and abuse it to find out for myself. :)

Hello everyone,

I am new to Boston and just joined this but I can chime in here. I have used the Anti-parasitic, Anti-Bacterial, and the de-wormer and I'd like to think with success. I had no problem getting my fish to eat the anti bacterial/dewormer but they were more hesitant to eat the anti parasitic food. I used them in my reef tank without harming any corals though I made sure to scoop up any leftovers that didn't get eaten. I used them when new fish were introduced to the tank as thats when I had problems in the past.

After QTing a newer anthia and putting it in my DT, I did see a white spot (not actually sure if it was ich) but the spot did go away a week or so after feeding regularly with this stuff. My jawfish did get a white looking scrape periodically (possibly from digging) and I would always use the anti bacterial and it would disappear soon after. So though I cannot credit the foods solely, I used it rather than catching fish and putting them in a hospital tank and things worked out well enough.

Back