Echotech Facebook Group Yuck

Alex

Non-member
Just had an experience on facebook that really made me appreciate how things are done around here.

I joined and made the mistake of asking what was better for controlling radions the wxd or reeflink. I was told that we were not allowed to talk about the wxd. I pointed out that it was made with echotech to control an echotech product and was basically told too bad by the owner of the group. I had thought the point of the group was to help echotech owners with their products but it was more like an echotech cult.

well, on topic. I really like my reeflink. But, to be fair, I have no experience with the WXD. I guess a matter of opinion. If you already have the Apex, it may be better to avoid one more piece of equipment. For me, I wish ecotech would come out with some more options for reeflink. A controllable programmable power strip would be nice with some monitoring. Basically, I wish they would market a controller to go with reeflink.

To be honest, the reeflink was a pain to set up at first. one of my vortechs would not take a fw update the first like 10 times I tried. But, once it was all set up, been rock solid since.

well, on topic. I really like my reeflink. But, to be fair, I have no experience with the WXD. I guess a matter of opinion. If you already have the Apex, it may be better to avoid one more piece of equipment. For me, I wish ecotech would come out with some more options for reeflink. A controllable programmable power strip would be nice with some monitoring. Basically, I wish they would market a controller to go with reeflink.

To be honest, the reeflink was a pain to set up at first. one of my vortechs would not take a fw update the first like 10 times I tried. But, once it was all set up, been rock solid since.

I agree, love the reeflink and no experience with the apex

This is because Neptune and Echotech are now competitors, with the release on the WAV pumps and the upcoming Cor pump, hence the attitude.

This is because Neptune and Echotech are now competitors, with the release on the WAV pumps and the upcoming Cor pump, hence the attitude.

That's the thing it wasn't run by echotech but they were still acting like that.

Back