Ecotech radion tech support

Mr.Rodrigo502

Non-member
Hey guys... I remember there was an ecotech radion owners thread but can't seem to find it....

Anyways....... I went full radions (4 fixtures) on my 250g tank..... As of right now they are on basic mode.... I shut them off so I can run the USB cable and connect it to my laptop.....only thing is that it shows "no connection" on the software I downloaded from the ecotech website. I restarted my computer... Nothing. I turned off radions... Nothing...
I want to put them in natural mode.
Im asking for a little help If anyone knows about this utility or if u live near me and don't mind driving by and help me set these up... It would be greatly appreciated.
Heres a quick glance of the install and outlook......
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343096328.104531.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1343096346.086085.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343096393.260091.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1343096414.892672.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343096367.976753.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343096367.976753.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 596
I don't own them but they probably come with a cd that includes a driver so your computer will know what to recognize them as. You'll need to install that first if you haven't already

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

They don't come with a driver cd.if the lights are off the computer won't see them.they have to be on

That's wierd..... The video ecotech made on how to run the USB to the computer states not to power them on..... I'll try them when I get home...
Also one of my fixtures was flashing red. Idk why it was doing it..... I just hit the main switch and shut them off and rebooted them.

Idk but when mine is off the computer didn't pick them up but as soon as I turn it on it connects.try turning then on after you connect the usb

Plug N Play USB drivers - Generally, you shut the device off, then plug in the USB cable to the device and the computer, then turn the device on. This prompts plug n play. My guess, if you open up device manager on your computer, it shows an unknown device.

+1

doesnt matter if they are on or off. I alway connect mine when they are on. Also sometimes you need to refresh the software until it recognizes the lights.
If you have any problems, I have had an EXCELLENT experiences with customer service via email and their online forum.

The usb function is annoying, especially when you don't own a laptop with PC operating sys. My pc died a few months ago, got a mac, and have to rely on borrowing a laptop.

Supposedly, the next update is to include mac software and tethering functionality (allows you to remotely control the light as long as it is hooked up to a master computer. ie you still need to have it hooked up to a computer to control it with you iphone)

Last edited:
sorry for the thread jack but do they need to be hooked up to a computer all the time or can I configure the color scale and then d/c the computer?

Back