Ecotech vortech MP40 W (wavedriver)

Very similar in many ways, I like the Vortex random flow mode getting closer to something I would really like.

But I am still waiting to have a controller that will randomly go through different modes or give you the ability to set the controller to switch through the different modes however you would like.

Better yet the ability to do both.

I'm running in reefcrest mode atm, with speed set to max, I was running speed slower prior to getting the wavedrivers ( i bought them pre wavedriver ) due to sand storms, sandstorms are not an issue now it appears with the randomization. Placement is key as well as placement of corals. I have my millies directly at the far end getting full blast, they are full polyped and appear happy, the pump blowing on them is mounted up high to overpass some lower flow sps. The other pump is towards the front of the glass a little lower, the flow hits the corner, wraps around the other corner and gently blows over some other sps and my frag rack.

With a longer tank I wouldn't have to be as picky in my placement of corals.

Me personally there is no such thing as 2 much flow unless your getting sand storms or your blowing directly on a particular coral, With carefull placement and use of deflection you can get some serious flow in a tank with good results. Mind you i have a blueline 40 return and a tunze wavebox also, there are absolutely no deadspots.

well right now my vortech is on full blast on pulse mode..if i choose to get another one, which is very likely, i am pretty sure i will have to dial the master down. good to hear this product is working for you!

Very similar in many ways, I like the Vortex random flow mode getting closer to something I would really like.

But I am still waiting to have a controller that will randomly go through different modes or give you the ability to set the controller to switch through the different modes however you would like.

Better yet the ability to do both.

Sounds like the RedSea wave master pro.
Hmmm what's old is new again?
If it could only be adapted for a true soft start.

Almost 900 bucks for powerheads......as my 4 year old says....this is aspensive!

I actually made out better than most jay :), I bought mine pre wave driver for $350 each and got the wave drivers for $75 each.

Total cost for me was $850 but i have 2 spare drivers in case 1 of mine goes kaput. Almost like having a spare multicontroller.

i got lucky as well..paid just over cost for my mp40w ($360). wish i could have gotten more at that price.

I just bought 2 of the mp40w's for my 120. How is the noise on these things? Some say they are quiet and some say they can't stand them. I havent heard much from the boston people though. Whats your input on the noise level on the new wireless ones?

when they are on FULL blast they can be noisy..however, when they are dialed down they are fine. I have two on my 75 and its perfect.

I like running 2 pumps in the anti- sync pulse mode in my 120 gal.I am not sure if these pumps can match a wave box for flow but the wave boxes take up alot more space thats for sure.

I'm thinking of getting these for my tank upsizing. Is everyone using the vortechs happy with their performance? Do you find them noisy?

i haev two on a 75g on pulse mode (prob at about 1500-2000gph) and i do not find them noisy at all. i know some people on RC have complained abuot the immense amount of noise coming of their pumps, but it could have been due to user error.

these are expensive pumps so if you want to check mine out you're more than welcome to.

yes i am extremely happy! far better than the 6101s

Extremely happy! We use different modes during different times of the day. If there is nothing else on in the room, you can hear them a little. I certainly would not call them noisy at all!

Back