Emerald crabs

Abrooks12376

Non-member
Can you guys offer up any experience/opinions on these little guys? Good for clearing up some algae or not worth the risk to.other livestock?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I have a couple with no issues. Mine have gotten pretty big and they are cool little additions. I did have to pull one out that was nipping at the longer polyps on one of my millepora corals....

I always like to have them in the tank. I would do 4-6 per 100gallons depending on how much rocks you have. They do clean up bubble algae IME.

It's a 29 gallon dt. About 30 lbs of ripe rock and another 20lbs in the sump. Would 2 small crabs be appropriate? Once they reach a certain size I would rehome them.

do u have bubble algae? 2 should be fine i put 10 in my 40 breeder with no issues after a year i remohomed a few .halloween hermit crab is another great addition they eat a lot of stuff including bubble algae

Not really. Just some pesky hair algae, I've gotten a lot over the last few months but it's all the stuff behind the rocks i can't get to, need to deploy some little helpers. Where did everyone get theirs. I emailed reefcleaners, doesn't seem like he has them.

I've had them over the years and find they are excellent grazers that haven't bothered anything in my tank

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I had one and it ate my feather-duster and xenia

are sure it was an emerald crab?

Yes they are great additions and never had one bother anything but bubble algae. They are picking at algae whenever I see them.

Anyone see any at the lfs's around Boston? Reef cleaners has them but the shipping is a put off. Anyone want to go in on an order? I want some fresh snails to for the hermit to murder

Anyone see any at the lfs's around Boston? Reef cleaners has them but the shipping is a put off. Anyone want to go in on an order? I want some fresh snails to for the hermit to murder

I’m down for a few extra snails

The order needs to be $25 to qualify for express and shipping is $35 I believe. I've got $20 covered on the order. 3 people get in and shipping may only be $10-15 ea?? Reefcleaners.org

I wanted to get a few things but the shipping was a bit much. Can I join? How should we do this? Where will it be shipped? I don’t live in Boston so it might not work for me anyway.

I’d do it if pickup is in Dedham not during rush hour. I’m in Northborough so it’s a little bit of a hike but worth it to save on shipping.

Back