equipment recommendations for 90g.

mediumreef

Non-member
hey guys im in the market for a 90g or 120g tank setup it will be rr. im planning on buying one soon. ive been doing tons of research on different things i guess id like some ideas from more experienced people. specially on a sump and a skimmer. i will be doing a refugium. i was plannig on buying a aqueon proflex 4 and using a coralife mini light...i really dont wanna make a sump so buying one is what deff wanna do. help please:) thank you

I have an aqueon proflex 4 sump on my tank and so far I like it. Its very easy to set up. If you are going to set up the middle as a refugium I would recommend making some sort of a grid to keep you cheato in the refugium. Thats what I had to do. I just got some plastic grid off of a commercial light setup and cut it to fit the area going to where the return pump and skimmer is.

I know you said that you did not want to make a sump but You could save your self a couple hundred dollars if you use a 29 gallon for the sump, and get either glass or lexan for the dividers, then spend the money save elsewhere on the tank such as lighting, powerheads or an efficient return pump. This is what I have. I do not run a refugium anymore. If I did I would have skimmer/drain>return<fuge. So the return is in the middle section. You could tee the drain off to feed the skimmer section and the fuge. Or tee the return to feed the fuge.

Also look at the skimmer your gonna use to make sure that it fits in the section you want of the proflex4, I know I would not be able to fit my skimmer and return section 3 of that sump.

Back