Experience with AquaC Ev series

D Ro

Non-member
I was curious to see if anyone has any experience with the Ev series? I have an Ev240 and have never used it. I've been hearing a lot of not so great things only because it requires a large pump and is noisy due to the jet. But I also heard it works quite well?

Anyone have any experience with this? Any input? Any tips? I'm not opposed to looking into other skimmers but I'd rather try and make this work.

Love mine but if you set it up wrong you will have trouble.

make sure you do not create a siphon on the output and you need a MAk4/PCX40 pressure rated pump or there about to run it
I like the GenX pumps as they do not use a lot of electricity

The easiest way to set it up is to place it so the gate valve is totally out of the water

Also many will raise the internal water level too high actually making the skimmer not work as well.

So once the skimmer has stabilized you adjust the water/air mixture to the top of the black box and then open the valve a 1/4 turn. let it run if it is too wet adjust the air valve. Do not follow the direction they give you of leaving the air valve open and tuning the water height.

And make sure if you plumb from the gate valve you use a reverse durso to vent the skimmer and eliminate any chance of starting a siphon>

I have used these for year and they work well if you follow those guidelines

Last edited:
That was very helpful thank you. Definitely some tips I will keep in mind. I am still a little skeptical about drilling my sump though, any luck with in sump pumps?

You can run the intake up and over the side of the sump. Once you prime the intake tube it will stay primed.

You really want to use a pressure rated pump it will save energy and drive the skimmer to the best of it's ability

You can use a mag18 it will run it, just not as well as a Mak4/GenX PCX 40

Last edited:
Back