Extra 5 gallon drinking jugs?

afboundguy

Acan's are inedible candy
Staff Member
BRS Member
Just wondering if anyone has any extra 5 gallon drinking jugs lying around that they don't need (poland spring and alike) that I could have to try a little gravity ATO when I do my sump in the next few weeks. Stumbled across this thread on RC while bored at work passing time and figured I'd give it a shot... It's cheap and if I loose 5 gallons of water on the floor oh well :rolleyes:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1557960

If you are willing to part with one and are going to the meeting that would be the best for me ;)

I've been dumping 5 gallons in every 3-4 days now anyways.It amazing how much evaporation there is in wintertime and plus running a woodstove.

I've been dumping 5 gallons in every 3-4 days now anyways.It amazing how much evaporation there is in wintertime and plus running a woodstove.

I only do about 1/2-3/4 a day but once I get the sump in I'm sure it will double. I'm still working on how to fit/perfect dripping kalk and this just seemed like a good inexpensive way to automize the setup a little more (if it works :p)

I loose about 1/2-3/4g myself Dave with a sump. But an AT0 sure would be nice. Luckily I have my RO/DI unit within 10 feet of the tank and with a long water line makes topping of fairly easy. again an AT0 sure would be nice, lemme know how it goes I might have to do the same. :D

Neat idea.....seems like a prefect way to end up with 5 gallons of water on the floor at some point in the near future.

You might want to look into autotopoff.com, there setups work nice and they are not that expensive.

Nearly 10 gallons a day now....between splash and evaporation. ATO will be set back up soon enough.

Neat idea.....seems like a prefect way to end up with 5 gallons of water on the floor at some point in the near future.

Where's your sense of adventure? I realize there is a risk but it's pretty inexpensive aka free if I get a jug...

You might want to look into autotopoff.com, there setups work nice and they are not that expensive.

I would def want to get some of those but the budget for the sump/fuge is already getting close to it's limits so that will prob have to go on the long list of "want-to-do-to-the-tank-but-have-no-money-to-do-it-list"

I think if setup properly you could avoid any mishaps

Famous last words... Nothing is ever fullproof in this hobby... But I'd be down for the reward/risk factor...

I would def want to get some of those but the budget for the sump/fuge is already getting close to it's limits so that will prob have to go on the long list of "want-to-do-to-the-tank-but-have-no-money-to-do-it-list"
Skip that next ACAN purchase and have it setup NICE:p

Back