FFM Frag Farmers market

Both the wife and I had a blast, weren't able to stay to long as we have lots of things to do and like a typical noob we didn't bring enough money...next time we will!!

Sent from the DeathStar on tapatalk

3 acan frag pack for $50 wife had to cut me off at 1 pack :mad: :boxing:

Last edited:
I was there grabbed a acan and a candy cane pistol shrimp. I would of had a black zebra maxima clam but someone grabbed it right before me.

Good job Chris and Anthony. Way to hold the fort. I grabbed a few goodies from notable vendors and hobbyists. Was cool to see. 1/2" JF/wc after party acro piece sell for $400. Not sure if he sold the $1000 1/4" home wrecker. KIndof nuts but glad to see hobbyists and vendors moving pieces and a great turnout. Busy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's my acans they are not fully open

9a1c7d7c84e6a9c808dc67abd1814055.jpg

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Great show !!!!! But all the LED blues are bull. Come on guys all the blues are just lame. If you really love to pick out the important pieces it's difficult to distinguish them because of the overwhelming amount of blue lights shining and glaring off the waters surface. All the vendors same thing, blues blues blues. I get it,, make the coral pop, people with leds will go home with the coral they intended to buy but anybody with t5 or metal halide good luck getting zoathids. Of course if you know the patterns on the zoas you can make out what your looking at but in my opinion it's a pain in the butt and my eyes get irritated. Every body except a few were running primarily blues, with the exception of a few, not surprising from this site , Frank180, and Greg Hiller. They both had their whites on and I appreciate it, you can clearly see what they had in the tank. Most of the acros in the other vendors tanks mostly looked like green and blue and purple acros , hardly any other distinguishable colors other than red satosa and sunset milli literally I'm not kidding that's it, greens and blues. I know all the bright colors of the rainbow zoas looked amazing but place those babies under a t5 and see if you feel the same. I bet a lot of the vendors feel the same way when they get home to there personal tanks, they don't have their own tanks looking like the frag tanks there. Anyways, I wanted to vent my frustrations about the whole thing. Conclusion it probably won't change, why,, Because the pop sells but people who have real passion for this hobby don't appreciate it and don't want to see all the freaking blues,,, plain and simple it's wicked cliche. The challenge of finding the nice pieces at a great deal will continue drive me back to this amazing event next year, me and my buddies had a great time and it was the most coral packed venue I've ever seen. Well worth the travel thank you to all the vendors I hope you don't mind my opinion about the whole thing you people are all really great and pleasant and especially patient to be around and put a lot of coral on the line for us reefers to pick through so don't think I don't appreciate it because that's far from the truth!!!

Last edited:
white led flash light trust me its ur best friend up there i take it u got the coral beer goggle effect after getting home

The other thing that I don't get is that it's proven royal blue Crees are terrible for your eyes retinas and we all go there and expose our eyes to them all day, what about that, does nobody care about that are your eyes not sore tonight if you were there all day is this not being considered.

I just made that post so hopefully some people have something to chew on and I genuinely care about the subject. The best I can suggest to anyone is research coral you want before hand and study them closely when you have them in front of your face's.

bd9f9604dca9c618f04601688b892105.jpg

Here are the acans I picked up, the wife is happy so I am :)

What's that saying? Happy wife happy life? She had a blast looking at all the corals but I had to keep reminding her that with all the blues it won't look the same in our tank till the kessils wind down for the day. All in all great day, wish I had more money and time to hang out will plan more of a day around it next year

Thanks to all of you guys who came out. It was a blast and was a huge success both in terms of the people who came to sell/buy and it terms of raising money to keep my school's coral project going.
As for the blue lights, I have seen it change over the last few years at the FFM. When we first started, it was lots of halides, and T5's, now it is ALL LED's. I think Greg may have been the only one without LEDS. Here is the real problem in a show like this, if you have the same coral as the guy next to you, and he has LED's running heavy blue, you run the whites, that coral has more "pop" than yours. Even if you price is better, he will sell his and you may not... Any vendor, hobbyist or shop, would rather not bring any coral home, so they all run blues. Even the school's tank ran heavy blues and when people were asking for the "pink" monti cap, I would let them know that it was a plain orange cap that just looked pink under the LED's. I think that the solution is to ask to see it with the whites on, or bring along a white flashlight to see the color you will see at home.
That said, there were some rooms, with the lights out, that were hard to walk into because it was SO blue. I feel your pain on the blues bugging your eyes.

On a related note, he did sell the "Homewrecker" at some point during the afternoon because I went back to show it to someone and it was gone. I asked Jason, he said he had sold it. Very pretty acro but VERY spendy!

Had a great time at FFM yesterday. Picked up a few frags that were on my list to try. Met a lot of great people and got to talk reef all day. Tons of frags something for everyone.
Several with fish this year which was a little different than last year. Most excited to see how fully encrusted frag of Jack O lantern lepto does in my tank.

Was very lucky on the raffle this year too.
Pair of orchid dottybacks
The larger acrylic frag tank
Box of cryto zone rock rubble.
Algae Barn pods and phyto
Triton water test.

Released the pair of orchids last night.
I have only seen one so far today but it will be cool if they both made it and are a bonded pair.

Bought some great stuff at FFM. I will plan on attending next year as well. Does anyone remember who the vendor in one of the back hallways was. One of the first classrooms in the back hall. I bought some nice stuff from them and wonder where they were from. Anyways, Asian couple with a large setup. Had the 3 acans for $50, lots of maxi and bt nems, huge elegance corals. Would love to mail order some more frags from them, just can't remember who they were.

They were hiding in the rock work of my tank when they were here. Hope they come out once they get more comfy.

Bought some great stuff at FFM. I will plan on attending next year as well. Does anyone remember who the vendor in one of the back hallways was. One of the first classrooms in the back hall. I bought some nice stuff from them and wonder where they were from. Anyways, Asian couple with a large setup. Had the 3 acans for $50, lots of maxi and bt nems, huge elegance corals. Would love to mail order some more frags from them, just can't remember who they were.
I belive they were aznutty aquatics when I was talking to him he said shipping was expensive because he doesn't have a commercial account, also he's from Ohio I believe

Wow this event was amazing. I was completely blown away by the huge selection of coral. I got most of the corals I was looking for at great prices and it was really cool to meet so many people who are into the hobby. I'd come back again just to look at all the different coral, it was kind of overwhelming :D

Back