Finally got the little SOB!

ReeferMedic

Non-member
I finally caught my Serial Killer 6 line! Jimmyj7090 offered to let me borrow his home made fish trap. I put it in last Sunday, and 6 days later, after watching it swim right over the opening countless times, I was walking by the tank and the little SOB was in the trap! I don't even want to add up the Wrasse and Anthias this fish has killed, and a Sailfin Goby and whatever else. I've heard of these fish going nutso when they get older, but I didn't believe such a small(1"-1 1/2")fish could be capable of this. Well, I was wrong, and now the 6 line is banished to a life with my mantis! ;) This wound up being the most expensive fish I could have ever imagined buying!

Armondo,

I need my DIY trap back soon as I need to start recatching my fish to go home after 3 months in the hospital.

I do have a standard ultralife trap you could borrow, It also should be fine for catching a 6 line, it's just a bit smaller.

send PM if you want to try it. Otherwise I'll be happy to loan you my larger trap a couple / few weeks after I get it back.

let me know.

jk

So when 6 kines get older they start killing fish? I have one also but I'm keeping him in there for now.
Duds

Nice Don.I had'nt seen my ornate leopard wrasse for nearly 2 months and figured my 4 line pestered it to death but it reappered yesterday.Now i wonder if the yellow coris i have'nt seen for 3 weeks is still in there

ltelus said:
Nice Don.I had'nt seen my ornate leopard wrasse for nearly 2 months and figured my 4 line pestered it to death but it reappered yesterday.Now i wonder if the yellow coris i have'nt seen for 3 weeks is still in there

That's how it all started with me........

Duds said:
So when 6 kines get older they start killing fish? I have one also but I'm keeping him in there for now.
Duds

I think it's just other wrasse and smaller bottom dwelling fish. Oh yeah, Anthias too.........

oh this is about a sixline? i thought you were talking about a Mantis, that's what I need to get out of my tank.

Sixlines dont just go after other anthias and wrasses....Mine attacked my new clown! poor little clown is back in Q till I can get a fish trap.

(my guess...sixlines dont like new england! I've never had a problem with this guy...or the one I had for 4 years before this one in FL! I'm convienced...I dont care what any of you say :p )

Back