Finding Highly Reflective Aluminum Sheets

Cardiak

Non-member
Im trying to build a custom reflector and am looking for any input on where to find a flat, highly reflective aluminum sheet? I'd rather not have to order online and i'm looking for at least a 4'x2' sized sheet at 92%-98% reflectivity. I've tried HD and Lowes but neither of them carried it. Are there any specialty type stores that should carry something like this? Im sure someone else here has tried looking for one of these before. Any help would be apreciated :) Thanks

Not sure where you would find it, could very well be possible that buying reflectors online would be cheaper.

Here is a link for a thread over in the DIY forum. A couple other members are looking for the same thing but it does not seem like they have found it.

Good luck

http://www.bostonreefers.org/forums/showthread.php?t=57823

I found one site, but the minimal order was 20,000 pounds of 92% reflective sheet :eek:

Last edited:
Might have found something...

http://www.specialty-lights.com/reflective-sun-sheets.html

"95% Reflective German aluminum 2' X 4' sheets. Four sheets come in one package. This is the same high-tech material used in Sunlight Supply's Sun System® reflectors. Line any growing area to create the ultimate grow room. Works great with the Home Box XL Enclosed Greenhouse from Sunlight Supply"

Does that help? If it is what you are looking for you might be able to split the package with the members in the DIY forum I put in my previous post if you do not need four 2' x 4' sheets

Call your local sheet metal shops and see if they could wack a 2' piece of 16 ga. stainless off a sheet for you.I used to work with that stuff all the time and believe me...it's highly reflective.Tell them what you want it for and they might even bend it up for you.Call around...get some prices.

Standard polished stainless steel is still only 60-70% reflective. I'd be interested in the sheets from Specialty-Lights.com but it appears that they're hammertone, not flat.

Standard polished stainless steel is still only 60-70% reflective. I'd be interested in the sheets from Specialty-Lights.com but it appears that they're hammertone, not flat.

Do they have to be flat? Just wondering what the problem would be with hammertone.

I thought having textured reflectors helps reflect the light at more angles then a flat reflector? Anyways I guess im going to get one of these light reflectors online. Im only going to use two 4'x2' sheets. If anyone is interested in buying the other two that come with this package let me know. It should come out to around $40 per sheet, shipping is free if I go UPS ground.

Back