Fish Collecting on Bermuda?

The lion fish are actually an introduced pest. It is hypothesized that during hurricane Andrew in South Florida, a few aquarists lions escaped into the ocean. They are actually an invasive species in the Atlantic, which is sad, because they completely devastate reef small fish populations:(

Thanks for the good review.

And yeah, when the divemaster says keep your hands tucked in around sharks, I'm going to keep my hands tucked in:)

I didn't see if it posted if you were going on the cruise by plane but these days, you cannot carry more that 5 oz.?? of liquid onto the plane (I don't recall the exact amount...sorry). When I was down in Louisiana last month, I had thought about bringing back a frag or 2 I saw and that was the only problem even carry on or in the luggage.

No, this would not be on a plane. I would be sailing directly from Boston to Bermuda and back. You leave one evening and arrive the morning after next (36 hours).

Also, FYI, live tropical fish are exempt from the 5oz. liquid rule (I don't know about corals). The reasoning is that living fish cannot survive in the suspect liquids. You should carry a copy of the letter with you from the TSA, as many screeners do not know this.

Matt:cool:

Back