fish loss: lack of O2?

sanker

No anchovies please
posted in my 90 upgrade in diy
http://bostonreefers.org/forums/showthread.php?p=118074

so, I lost my coral beauty angel and yellow tang in my 30. Only thing I can think of is I stupidly stole the cpr hot skimmer off of it for the fuge. would 24hrs without a skimmer kill those guys? only had two powerheads that shifted and were pointed down not at the surface. O2 deprivation? Fish that seem fine:
watchman goby
two tomato clowns
damsel (1 or two original fish, he's going in the 90 first but I wouldn't say that's a good test fish since he would service an h-bomb along with the roaches)
testing water now

-Sean

Might indeed have been low O2. Any surface skimming?...do you have an overflow running to a sump? Did it happen over night? Was the tank unusually warm? Usually larger fish succume to low O2 first, FWIW.

I had a skimmer go donw for 2 days granted it was a larger tank but it had no overflow or anything just a big glass container. The fish were fine and it was for a few days. I would think poss. temp, or something other than loss of a skimmer for 24hrs. FYI the fish in my 46 were also a yellow tank and a flame angel and 2 barred gobies no ill effects on any of them.
I wish you lukc with the rest of them though.
Perhaps I was just lucky on that one.
Bruce

Back