Fish Street Order DC-pumps

Have you checked with Archit at Love the Reef he is one of our members and I believe he is getting some in and his prices are good.

Jebao has a US factory outlet, they run a special right now on ebay and it come out less expensive than fishstreet, especially if you consider that it comes with a 1 year warranty from a US based entity.
Archit has them as well but he is not as competitive price-wise, especially considering his warranty details (you can pay extra for it or deal with the manufacturer).
the DC-12000 is 136 shipped and according to the tracking it will be here Monday, ordered it Wednesday, shipped from Cali.

Jebao has a US factory outlet, they run a special right now on ebay and it come out less expensive than fishstreet, especially if you consider that it comes with a 1 year warranty from a US based entity.
Archit has them as well but he is not as competitive price-wise, especially considering his warranty details (you can pay extra for it or deal with the manufacturer).
the DC-12000 is 136 shipped and according to the tracking it will be here Monday, ordered it Wednesday, shipped from Cali.

Do you have a link for the jebao us factory outlet and eBay page?

Just a heads up, they don't notify you of it but require a signature upon delivery. That's where I got my two from a few weeks back.

So you keep it to yourself?:: Man, wish I know it sooner. LOL

I bumped into it accidentally, been dragging my feet buying one for the last 3 weeks and when I finally decided to pull the trigger I was like "hm, let's see what's on ebay as well".

It just did not seem fair to put it on the forum since nobody asked and some of the vendors do have it as well; after all they support this forum.

Thanks for the information, better yet, I contacted the JebaoUS and you can order other JeBao products (they have a large line of product including calcium reactor, LOL) from them.

Now the warranty become important. Please lets know how JebaoUS handle the warranty issue.
Fishstreet said Jebao only warrant their pumps if purchased through an authorized dealer which they said they are the only one (oversea I assume?)

The 9000 is nice and quiet, worked perfectly with no issues for me. In fact it is too powerful as a return on the beananimal drain. It moves a huge volume of water at 3.5' that it is noisy as heck rushing over the top of the overflow wall. The 12000 on the other hand is noisy. Granted I am using it 100% power driving a bullet skimmer, it should be able to handle some back pressure due to its impeller design. After lightly filing down the impeller to gain some clearance to the front cover, it quieted down for merely a few hours. I will try again to take a bit more off, but disappointed with having to make such extreme modifications. Unfortunately the similar pump by Red Dragon is $800 and I'm am quite pleased with the cost of the jebao...... You get what you pay for

no answer yet which is strange since I send the DOA notice at 2pm EST and they are on PST; plenty of time to reply. Luckily I still have the ebay coverage if it comes to that, plus, it was paid through a credit card, ....
hope it does not come to that.

Seller offered a refund however I did not feel like going through the entire ship it back, wait for the refund buy another one so I went through the motions and diagnosed it - looks like the power brick is dead and the rest of the system is functional.
After informing the seller I was offered the cost of the power brick - they are available on ebay for 13$ but ship from china, ....

Buyer beware, if these pumps are in a critical point in your system then better have a spare or deal with somebody that stocks and warranties them locally.

Seller offered a refund however I did not feel like going through the entire ship it back, wait for the refund buy another one so I went through the motions and diagnosed it - looks like the power brick is dead and the rest of the system is functional.
After informing the seller I was offered the cost of the power brick - they are available on ebay for 13$ but ship from china, ....

Buyer beware, if these pumps are in a critical point in your system then better have a spare or deal with somebody that stocks and warranties them locally.

Interesting, at least they offered a refund. JaboaUS is out of the DC-12000 until late Jan. which is ok but I am kind of up in the air between them, Fish Street, or others. Even though Fish Street is not in the US, I have had pretty positive interactions with them and they seem to have been responsive when others have had issues. I just want to make sure there is at least some resemblance of a warranty.

it's bought from ebay, DOA items are covered by default. They also state a 1 year warranty but don't specify if it's through them or the manufacturer; will have to ask I guess.

Got the power brick in the mail today. Pump runs at any and all speeds with it. Despite of being rated at the same 24v 4a the replacement brick I got is much smaller. Will see if it catches fire by tomorrow night, ...

the brick drives the pump as it's supposed to but the efficiency is lower (according to Kill-a-Watt). I am loosing about 5-10w just because of the brick.

Back