Fish that eats Xenia?

dz6t

Acro Garden, BRS Sponsor
BRS Sponsor
BRS Member
I have a file fish for aptasia control for over a years, (may be longer than that). He has been eating pellets for a long time after there was no aptasia for him to munch on. Recently I notice that he gains a lot in size and wondering why, then I notice the xenia population is declining, to almost none today in this tank. Then today, I saw him picking on the remaining spots of xenia. Now, he is definitely a hero in my war against Xenia.

But when those are done....he will eat something else. I had a file fish decimate a duncane coral colony I had

Indeed, the filefish will go after many lps even rock flower anemone, this type of fish is only suitable for sps tanks.

My filefish (I have two) will pick at Euphylia and Zoas but they don't bother my lobo, candy canes, favia, elegance, gorgonians, duncans and mushrooms. I wonder if my clown is protecting the duncans as that's where she hosts.

I have a friend that has a tulip anemone problem. Dong, specifically what species of filefish are you referring to?

Back