Fish Trap Help

Johnson556

Non-member
Hi All,

Have a solon fairy wrasse I need out of the tank for a bit. Any ideas on how I can catch him other than a trap?

If a trap is the only way, does anyone have a trap I could borrow for a few days. Located in Wakefield, MA.

Can give you a frag or something for the help.

Thanks

You can make one out of a soda bottle or preferably a power raid bottle cut it at the top then flip it around and put it on it inside put some food in there like a shrimp the fish will swim through the whole but can’t get back out I use it all the time it works great every single time sometimes you catch the wrong fish but persistence will pay off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How big is your tank/how big is the fish? If the fish is too big to fit through egg crate, use that to basically cut the tank in half, and then keep cordoning off areas until you can net him. If its a really skinny fish, which I am guessing is the case, use a sheet of plexiglass.

I've tried catching him via net and plexiglass to try and corner him, no luck. I have that bottle configuration next to my tank now, I'll have to try it.

Have quite a few fish than will be interested and capable of going into the bottle, feel like this will be a long process.

Back