Fixing Corals

aiaman

Non-member
What do you fix live-rock in your display tank to keep from future avalanches?

With acrylic rods?

With glue?

With nothing, just stack the live-rock & hope for the best?

With something other?

Last edited by a moderator:
I use Aquamend or jb water weld both can be bought at home depot. You can use acrylic rod too with the putty. Marco rock sells a reef safe mortar mix.

When we had the 180, all the rock was stacked. Now that I have assorted small tanks, the rocks are more precarious and I'm thinking about using reef putty but these are all small rocks. You probably want to go sturdy with rods if you're setting up large arches or have rocks that would crack your glass if they fell.

I use this:

http://www.seaquestmarine.com/Aquascape_Aquarium_Epoxy_p/dd_as4.htm

Doesn't make the skimmer go crazy for 24 hours after using.....The best out there period for attaching rocks together once the tank is already wet!!! But when u use it u need to make sure u don't mess with it for long periods under water... (that goes for any underwater epoxy) it gets saturated with water & doesnt stick...U need to set it & let it go....

What do you fix live-rock in your display tank to keep from future avalanches?

With acrylic rods?

With glue?

With nothing, just stack the live-rock & hope for the best?

With something other?

I am using all of the above.It really has allot to do with studying and the positioning of each and every piece....mostly mine are just locked together.The other is 2 part epoxy.

I spent a lot of time placing mine so it is locked together. Except for one piece, an over hang, that I didn't feel comfortable with so I epoxied it in place. I hand picked my rock and most are very larger pieces knowing exactly how I was aquascaping my tank. Although all my tanks are done this way, Any tower I have had have been 1 piece of LR.

Even though I have nothing for most of it I am definitely not hoping for the best, but it really comes down to the rock you have and what you are trying to accomplish.

Back