Flex seal spray paint

Mccune

BRS Member
Walking through Home Depot and I see cans of spray Flex Seal.
Has anyone tried painting the inside of their stand with this

No but I use it on my gutter joints and its amazing. Unless its toxic in some way id say it would work great

Walking through Home Depot and I see cans of spray Flex Seal.
Has anyone tried painting the inside of their stand with this
Not sure of the spray but the tape version is supposedly petroleum based.

I painted the back of my tank, looks great and has held up well. It basically creates a thin plastic film. It would probably work well for the inside walls of the stand but not the bottom if you're going to be moving things around in there, it won't hold up to rubbing.

If you use it, heed the warning to do so outside or in a well ventilated area...

I painted the back of my tank, looks great and has held up well. It basically creates a thin plastic film. It would probably work well for the inside walls of the stand but not the bottom if you're going to be moving things around in there, it won't hold up to rubbing.

If you use it, heed the warning to do so outside or in a well ventilated area...

Thank you for the update I think I’m going to find another solution to use
I have some extra Deck Over maybe I’ll use that

i used it on the floor of my chameleons cage to collect water droplets from my misting machine. it didnt work that well. you definitely have to do several coats or it just peels up with even the littlest amounts of water. i was also told from other cham keeps to make sure to dry the water before the cham could drink it as it would kill them. so thats something to think about

It was a dissapointing experience for me, and it doesn't do well applied to other oil based products, so if the stand isn't painted already with a oil based paint you should be ok, but it will take several coats. It's runny like killz paint.

Marine paint works well, but it does have lead in it.

This is what I ultimately went with, rolled on a few coats and hard as nails.
Screenshot_20200928-190700.png

I’ll look into that product I have used the spray cans of that for projects around the house it is great

I used that in other applications. Its really great. You can get it in spray cans too. Nice hard finish.

I use it all the time.
Most definitely toxic, just don't use it where life will touch it and your good to go.
We are putting an 10" basecove of this stuff around the entire shop. Nothing getting in or getting out, and no floods will ever damagecand creep up the drywall.
Definitely use a respirator while applying and do it in a very well ventilated area.

Back