Fluval edge nano reef

Jbissell1289

the_Great_Bissell_Reef
BRS Member
Anyone have any thoughts on how to best set up a fluval edge 6 gallon as a reef tank? Here are my thoughts of how I would best accomplish this.

1. I would set it up as a zoa garden.
2. Fluval 306(possibly) for circulation mainly, probably have chemipure and rubble or ceramic bio media, but mostly empty.
3. Upgrade light to Fluval nano sea.

Mostly curious to see if anyone has done this and their success/failures?

I have not personally kept a reef under 10 gallons, but it CAN be done. Sounds like you have a pretty good startup idea. Zoa gardens are awesome

Talk to @GraniteReefer
And here

I have kept a half gallon reef for my mom in the past. I maintained it for a year and a half till I upgraded it for her. The only things I kept in it was a small toadstool zoos and mushrooms with a few dwarf ceriths and a skunk cleaner shrimp. For the light I used the par 32 or what ever it’s called (been some years). I topped it off 3 times a day just to keep salinity a little stable. I did half water changes every week and I used petco box saltwater. She loved it and was so proud of it lol.

I hope so! I just want something to supplement my evo 13.5! I’m finding how quickly you run out of room in such a small tank!
I feel you on the 13.5 Evo issue as that’s exactly what happened to me on my wife’s tank. Lol I’ve been slowly but shortly acclimating some of the coraks un there to my 80g deep shallow tank and have had some coral warfare as well unfortunately because they’re thriving so well.
Good luck with build and you’ll love it. Just get ready to setup another after the 13.5 lol 19FED321-D7C5-4159-B66B-5D22AA8E2BC4.jpeg32A459CC-8B52-4912-9BE8-E84A7A3B1999.jpeg

Talk to @GraniteReefer
And here
Yeah I saw that a while back. I’ll check it out again though.

I have kept a half gallon reef for my mom in the past. I maintained it for a year and a half till I upgraded it for her. The only things I kept in it was a small toadstool zoos and mushrooms with a few dwarf ceriths and a skunk cleaner shrimp. For the light I used the par 32 or what ever it’s called (been some years). I topped it off 3 times a day just to keep salinity a little stable. I did half water changes every week and I used petco box saltwater. She loved it and was so proud of it lol.
Seems like a lot of upkeep! Granted, not much time involved. But still, constant attention.

I feel you on the 13.5 Evo issue as that’s exactly what happened to me on my wife’s tank. Lol I’ve been slowly but shortly acclimating some of the coraks un there to my 80g deep shallow tank and have had some coral warfare as well unfortunately because they’re thriving so well.
Good luck with build and you’ll love it. Just get ready to setup another after the 13.5 lol
Looks good! I would love to have a big reef tank. Maybe eventually as my son gets older. Giving my 55 planted to my brother to save time. Here’s a pic of my evo from last night. I couldn’t help but also sharing with the Favia and acan from this morning!
45B93142-6BB9-45A7-817F-B6DD2E810134.jpeg
72C969F1-E61E-4F2E-B36C-8C2F4EC1E8A6.jpeg
BDC9D205-0AB0-4A55-B9C1-09219F1F9E67.jpeg

I’ve had the edge 6 gallon as a freshwater and I wouldn’t do it as salt. Really hard to get your hand inside and the design lacks gas exchange. Would be pretty for a while but really hard to siphon detritus and whatnot.

I have always wanted to try one as a rock flower/ maxi mini tank.
tank should be ok with oxygen exchange as the water flows through the filter and dumps back into the tank. I think the hardest part would be keeping the tank topped off. When the tank drops it’s water level it get air bubbles in the glass which is a pain to get out have to tip the tank

Back