Fluval Edge nano pics

vp6799

Non-member
Figured I'd start a thread in here instead of posting a bunch of pics in the introductions forum.

Vic

Here's the beginning:

The lighting is 2 LED bulbs from home depot.

Livestock: 3 damsels, 1 turbo snail, and 1 camel shrimp

IMAG0345.jpg

IMAG0346.jpg

Last edited:
This is it's state up to a few days ago:

All the Damsels are gone and now the livestock is:

2 True Percula Clownfish
1 Camel Shrimp
1 Hermit Crab
6 Snails, 4 mexican turbo and 2 others (don't remember what they are)

Also upgraded the lights from the 2 led bulbs to 2 Coralife 50/50 bulbs (10,000K daylight and 420 Actinic)

Also added an MP10W ES

Here's some pics:

Tank with new lights (pics with old lights are in earlier posts):

IMAG0392.jpg

IMAG0388.jpg

Hermit Crab:

IMAG0383.jpg

Camel Shrimp:

IMAG0349.jpg

2 True Percula Clowns:

IMAG0365.jpg

Here's some pics to test out the new Camera and to show a couple of corals that were given to me for an early birthday present. :D

Still have to play with some settings and different modes to get the pics better, but "DAMN" what a nice camera. Soooo much nicer than the sony I used to use.

DSCN0022.jpg

DSCN0017.jpg

Any help to I.D. these would be appreciated.

DSCN0014.jpg

DSCN0027.jpg

I'd put some sort of splash guard on the two 50/50 bulbs, i had them in my fluval edge too until i upgraded the lighting, and i found that the bulbs would get covered in salt creep, they also weren't enough light for me....some of my zoas started getting brown :/ atleast that was my experience.
Anyway i highly recommend some sort of glass or plastic to cover the bulbs

I'd put some sort of splash guard on the two 50/50 bulbs, i had them in my fluval edge too until i upgraded the lighting, and i found that the bulbs would get covered in salt creep, they also weren't enough light for me....some of my zoas started getting brown :/ atleast that was my experience.
Anyway i highly recommend some sort of glass or plastic to cover the bulbs

I am going to home depot today to pick up a small sheet of either glass or acrylic.

How did you have the bulbs mounted in your edge? I tried to mount them on the hood like others have done, but didn't like the way the light shined into the tank. I ended up retro-fitting the 2 50/50 bulbs onto the stock light arm that swings over the small opening. Lights up better that way.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Back