Found white stuff eaten my coral

dilligaf29

BRS Member
Came home from work and look at my tank and I noticed that one oft corals I think it's called tyree undetta had some whites stuff on it I went to blow it off with Baster and noticed it was 5 white nudies eaten away on it I guess Fromm last night to this afternoon that ate its all so I tossed it my question is do they eat anything else I'm worried about my zoa looks like they might have had a bite of them too everything else is fine never delt with these little guys before any advice is helpful thanks

If it were me, I would have eradicated the nudis and tried to salvage the undata. My motto is, when in doubt, pull them out. Good luck.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

It was a small 1 1/2 inch frag they went to town on it wasn't much left I did pic them all off but it was to far gone

If that was a montipora undata you have montipora nudibranchs. They especially like digis. Check all your montipora corals and dip them to get the adults off. You must be diligent to dip every 2 or 3 days in order to get all the eggs because they don't come off with the dip. It takes awhile, but you can get rid of them. Good luck.

I would definitely keep an eye out for others on the tank. How long have you had the frag?

I been watching it off and on all day haven't seen anymore I only had just that one monti first one was trying it out and I got the frag about a month ago never really did a dip before did some research on the bayer dip but still need to read more about it Thanks for the advice

If you do not have any other montiporia species, they will die out after a short while. It will then be safe to add montiporia again. Can't remember the number of days for eggs to hatch then nudies to stave to death. Likely about a month to be safe.

Back