Fragging Zoa's and Paly's ?

Jennifer

Moody and emotional slob
What is the best way to do this?

I have a bunch of zoa's and paly's that I need to get off of some good size rocks. I really do not want to bust up the rocks.

Is it possible to cut the mat between the zoa's and peel them off of the rock?

Yep, just take your time, its pretty easy to do. Just watch out and don't cut yourself and get zoa/paly juice on a open wound. I hear that will kill a adult elephant in less then 60 seconds:p.

Forgot to warn you,since your fragging zoas/palys make sure your doors are locked. Peter might swing by to snatch them up if he doesn't already have them:p.

LOL.

Well then here is a peter teaser.
I just fragged some Pink candy apple's, krytonite's, gorilla nipple, and a Liam's clove polyp.
I need to still frag my red zoa's, no id on them yet. They were the ones in the last photo contest.

These are mine, Does anyone have a thought on id?
I looked around Zoaid but I am unsure.

10.jpg

You already got my attention!

BTW the best way to frag zoas/palys is to try to cut the polyps still attach to the rock. DO NOT I repeat DO NOT just cut the polyps off. Try to dig the knife under the polyps getting the piece of rock that the polyps are attach to. When done put the glue on the piece of rock the polyps are attach to and not on the polyps themselves. You do not want to have glue on the polyps. This I learn has a much better survival rate.

Yes, Sun Burst are good grower and bright color. I love the blowpops too. Both are top on my list of favorites.

I do also have a single polyp of what is looking like Green Implosion but it is much brighter green at the moment.

These are mine, Does anyone have a thought on id?
I looked around Zoaid but I am unsure.

The green lips make me wonder if they might be a people eater variety- how large are they? And do they have white stripes on the underside of the polyps? Those seem to be the distinguishing characteristics of the Gigantus (aside from DNA testing, of course...)

They are people eater...speckles red people eater. There are two types, one with speckles and one without. I have the one without.

They do have the white stripes. Peter (PVH) sent me a PM id'ing them as RPE's as well. Peter is already scooping up the frags. Thanks for the id guys.

Well Peter (PVH) just left my house. He was kind enough to bring his nice coral fraggin shears. Wow what a difference those make. I have been meaning to buy some of those. I will go out of my way to get 1 of them now. To any newbies if you are going to frag and propagate corals I highly recommend a good scalpel and some fraggin shears. And of course superglue gel and some epoxy putty.
Thanks for the Help Peter and enjoy the frags I know I will enjoy mine.

If you happen to have any extra frags of that one... :D

I sure do have 1 for ya NonMouse Pm me and we can set up a price/trade and time.

Back