Gonipora

kams56

Non-member
does anybody have any experience (good or badd) with gonipora. i know they aren't hardy but how are they from personal expreinces

does anybody have any experience (good or badd) with gonipora. i know they aren't hardy but how are they from personal expreinces

Reach out to Frank180Reef. He keeps amazing Goni. All colors and sizes.

Personally I don't have good luck with Gonis even the easier red ones don't do well in my reef. Don't know why. :(

Here is the article that everyone refers to.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2005/10/aafeature2/view?searchterm=None

Goni's are overall not easy to keep, but some aquarists have begun to have success as a contast to many years of Goni's having a VERY poor track record in captivity.

If your serious, there is a local goni that has some frags going around if you really look for them. I think the original came from the author linked above (but I may be wrong), look for "bec's gonipora" .

X2, i just got a green and its been stressing me out, lost half the colony already.
listen to frank, he knows wat hes talkin about.

I have been successfully keeping two of the redish ones, they are doing fine. The recent neon green that i purhcased didnt fair so well...about 50% dead and then i moved it to the absolute top fo my tank, up with my sps and now it seems to be trying to recover, and maybe even making a come back... we shall see......so there def seems to be some variability with the hardiness by color/type......I am liking the alveopora that I have.... looks even better in my mind and is said to be more hardy and my experience agrees with that theory thus far as i have two peices that are branching type and doing well.

I have had red for 3+ years, at best the green will stop receding......you might try fragging off the dieing coral and dipping it..............

I have recently gotten some nice color encusting ones and I hope the grow faster...... and are hardier

the gonipora that have is blueish green color with shortish fat tentacle i dont know if they expand more since its only been in the tank a short time but i do believe that it is the encrusting type would you know what type it was or even have had any experience with it

i have gonipora in two different tanks one with high flow and t5's other in medium flow and 250w mh. the piece in the higher flow tank seems to extend its polyps further is this because of the flow or the lighting

i have gonipora in two different tanks one with high flow and t5's other in medium flow and 250w mh. the piece in the higher flow tank seems to extend its polyps further is this because of the flow or the lighting

hard to tell

the gonipora that have is blueish green color with shortish fat tentacle i dont know if they expand more since its only been in the tank a short time but i do believe that it is the encrusting type would you know what type it was or even have had any experience with it

is it in the shape of a ball?

the polyps no they are open. i think it has to do with the flow since the lager peice that has part of it in direct flow these polyps are more extended. also i just noticed since the lights have just gone out these polyps in high flow region completely retract while the ones in lower flow ethier dont or havent yet

Back