GSP on strike?

Mine will do that some times. Then I look later on and they're open. Probably just moody, or got mowed over by a hermit. ;)

yea, no worries. GSP's randomly close up sometimes, nothing to worry about. Sometimes mine will close for a week for no reason, then they're back as good as ever (my colony has been doing this for 5 yrs so I'm not worried).

Now if the question was "how do I kill my GSP's", that would be a lot harder to answer. They are indestructable. Don't worry at all.

yea, no worries. GSP's randomly close up sometimes, nothing to worry about. Sometimes mine will close for a week for no reason, then they're back as good as ever (my colony has been doing this for 5 yrs so I'm not worried).

Now if the question was "how do I kill my GSP's", that would be a lot harder to answer. They are indestructable. Don't worry at all.

Yeah almost as bad as Xenia!!!

I have GSP that has been smothered by hairy mushroom for a year now. I recently removed the hairy mushrooms and within a few days the GSP started coming back.

Very tough coral.

I've seen my GSP's close up for no reason for at least a week, then come back just fine. They're weird like that.

Just a thought - have you blown the misc debris off them lately? About once I week I take a pipette and blow the stuff off them, and other corals as well. Even with decent flow they get a thin layer of "dirt" on them.

Just a thought - have you blown the misc debris off them lately? About once I week I take a pipette and blow the stuff off them, and other corals as well. Even with decent flow they get a thin layer of "dirt" on them.

That's a great point. I would bet there is a healthy amount of debris.

I have a hard time as well and all my parameters are good. Do they like high or low water flow? What is a good placement for them?

Back