Hello Everyone, we're back

James

And Emily...
Not exactly a new member, but my wife and I had moved to Texas last year in the beginning of 2006, after being involved with the BRS for a few years, and entering the hobby. We met a lot of very nice members and others involved with the BRS prior to this, especially with buying/selling all of our things for our tanks.

We moved to the Houston area, and since the housing market is so cheap in Texas, we were in the middle of a project putting in an in-wall tank, about 300 gallon show tank in the kitchen/living room (and by the way, Boston definitely has much nicer Fish/Coral specialty Stores)

. But we were never able to finish, around July last year I got very sick, and after going to the ER 4 times in Houston, and they kept saying i just had asthma...they found that i was in Congestive Heart Failure. Being only 24 this was a very difficult time for myself and my wife, who was a Nurse at the hospital. Anyway, after they botched my heart cath, messing up my femoral nerve, and leaving me with permanent chronic pain in my entire right leg...we decided we better come back to Boston for the superior health care, especially the cardiac care. Quite frankly i was convinced the doctors i had been dealing with were going to kill me, it was just a horrible ordeal. So we came back, got put into the doctors hands of the Cardiac team at MGH, and doing much better now, as well as can be.

And now we want to get back to reefing, i have so much time on my hands now, this hobby really is going to save my sanity. ;) Everyone we had met before we left were all so very nice, we look forward to getting to know everyone now!

Sorry about the long post =P Hope your day is well :)

-James and Emily

Welcome Back! I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis :(.... I am glad to hear that you were able to swing a move back up here... the hospitals really are some of the best in the world.
You know where to find us all when you get set back up so that you can get restocking your new tank.. private tanks are a great palce to find the cool stuff :) are you going to try something as eloborate/big as you did down south??? that sure is a big tank!

best of luck :) and welcome back to new england... the best place in the world :).. in my opinion at least

Welcome back!! Always happy to help fellow reefers restock so drop us a line when you're making a meeting. Nothing wrong with some "Welcome Back and Get Well Frags" :D

thanks everyone, yes it really is a much more superb healthcare system here than down south. :)

We are looking to start setting up a new tank probably sometime in the next month or so, we don't know if it is going to be as elaborate as we had planned in TX, but either way, this is the best hobby to keep me busy every day lol :D

And you're in Brockton!! So are we. I have some fish folk doing frag pick ups tomorrow evening. You're welcome to stop on by and get your fill of tank related craziness. We have a 180 in the living room, a 90 in the bedroom and another 4 tanks in the basement. my 29, Lou's DIY tank, Josh's tank, the frag tank and the fuge where the skunks and BTAs hang out. Send me a PM if you're up for it.

Welcome back to NE James! My girfriend just became a nurse herself, it sure makes us feel safe doesnt it. hehe Wish you the best in health and reefing! :)

Wishing you the best of health. Can't believe CHF would affect someone so young. Good to see you return, but the circumstances of your return are horrible.
Welcome back. :)

Thanks Moe, ya they don't seem to know why or when it exactly happened, being that my cholesterol was perfect and my arteries are completely clean from what they saw, yet they say that my heart looks like it had a massive heart attack, because every wall of it is either moving abnormally or not moving at all.

But they finally got my meds right, that took about a year almost. And now I feel alot better, able to actually do some exercises now, and go play golf. Which brings us back to reefing as basically the thing that will keep me busy so i don't lose my mind with boredom :D

Back